Hello...

Weebod's Scrolls

Hello...

Postby weebod » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi weebod here.

Firstly, I want to thank bardeyes & webwarrior for providing this opportunity for me to notify you about any future updates that are in the offing & to let you know what I am currently working on.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the readers who have sent me feedback. It’s all very much appreciated & trust me, there is nothing like good feedback to help get the creative juices flowing.

I should point out I am having my arm seriously twisted by a tall Irish blonde to include this part. Life can be so tough. A little about me, I’m 5 ft 1”, or 155 cm, there you go, that’s little. I have quite a wicked sense of humour. I hail from Scotland & am an avid sports fan. I played hockey for years & I have the bad hips to show for it. Other than that, I attended University in Edinburgh (not to study history). lol Okay, I’m starting to cringe, that’s enough about me.

At the moment I am working on a new story, a chunk of which is drafted & written. The plot is complete, but I’m still tinkering a little with the characters. I couldn’t possibly give a completion date for this story as I just write when the time & mood takes me. I have other projects on the go which I divert my attention between. I won’t go into those as they have nothing to do with lesbian fiction.

Here is a little taster of my latest story. It’s again based in Scotland as it’s a country I know well & love. An undercover cop arrives in a small Scottish fishing village to try to bust a drug smuggling ring. She & her police partner are posing as man & wife, fed up with working in city finance they have purchased an organic sheep farm. They begin to integrate into the local community & she befriends the fiancee of one of her suspects, a fisherman, under the pretence of wanting to help out with the youth group. There begins a tangled web of lies & deceit, as the police woman develops genuine feelings for her new friend. What started as a necessity to get information for her job is rapidly descending into a battle with her conscience, as she is torn between enjoying the friendship, but knowing it’s all based on a lie.

I hope you enjoy this new story when it’s finished. For now, I welcome any questions about ‘Conflict of Interests’ & ‘Licit Cusp’. I admit to having something of a terrible memory, but will do my best to answer any queries.

Cheers,
weebod
weebod

Re: Hello...

Postby loanlee » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:11 pm

I love your storytelling, as it is intelligent and imaginative and not over the top as some fictional tales can be. Very good writing. Thank you for giving us (me) enjoyment from your stories.
loanlee

Postby weebod » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:57 am

Hi loanlee,

thanks so much for your kind words. I'm hoping that my next story will give you as much enjoyment as the first two. :)

Cheers,
weebod
weebod

Postby Jude » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi Weebod,
After reading a few recommendations of your work, I decided to read your story "Conflict of Interests." I loved it,
the characters were very real, and I enjoyed the smooth flowing plot. Well done. Cheers. Jude
Where passion is not found, no virtue ever dwelt

There aren't any bitches, hoes, whores, sluts, or cunts. Who and how many people we love or sleep with is not a testament
of our character or a moral judgement, but simply a choice we make.
Jude

Postby weebod » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Jude,

thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy writing about everyday characters & the ins & outs of their lives. I think that's perhaps why, like yourself, I frequently hear the comment that the characters are very real.

Thanks again, Jude, I hope you enjoy my future efforts.

Cheers,
weebod
weebod

Postby kitnics » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi There
Just want to say a huge thank you for such wonderful stories, keep them coming please :-)
kitnics

Postby weebod » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:51 am

Hi kitnics,

thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Cheers
weebod
weebod

Postby kitnics » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi Weebod :big grin:

Can I ask you what was your inspiration for LC and is it based on yourself as I've read you live in scotland?
kitnics

Postby weebod » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:43 am

Hi kitnics,

The inspiration for LC came from a desire to write a story about a character who was about to embark on a new chapter in her life. The idea for the character of Shona came from a few visits I had years ago to a boarding house just like the one described in the story. Shona isn’t based on anyone I know & neither is Toni, they are both generic characters. The places in the story I know very well & the bar is based on my own personal experiences of working in a club.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers,
weebod
weebod

Postby kitnics » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi Weebod, Thanks for your reply, So you worked in a club not unlike the one you describe in your story ? Was it full of hot women *grin* ? Thats enough of my mind wanderings....I'm sure I will think of another question and when I do I will be sure to post it.

Thanks again

kitnics.....aka..... kitnics :big grin:
kitnics

Postby weebod » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:22 am

Hi Kitnics,

was the club full of hot women?

1. Oh, I never noticed.
2. I was straight at the time.
3. Yeah, lots.

I'm covering all the bases here. lol
weebod

Postby kitnics » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi Weebod
Thanks for your reply, well I said if I had a question I would ask it :D Your story Conflict of Interest (which is totally wonderful) what or who was your inspiration for that story.

Thanks
Kitnics...aka....kitnics :big grin:
kitnics

Postby weebod » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi Kitnics, delighted you enjoyed Conflict Of Interests. :happy:

Conflict of Interests is a story within a story. It started life as a short piece centred around a BBQ, with the title ‘Sausage Sizzler’, now that title caused a bit of a stir. Personally the story will always be 'Sausage Sizzler' to me, as well as my wonderful beta reader.

After I wrote the first 20,000 words I heard, “I hope that isn’t the end of it”, so I continued & posted each part of the story as I wrote it, then a few months later it was finished & it was a novel.

The premise of the story was formed from a chat I had with a good friend of mine about a gorgeous blonde she had met. I said it sounded like a great start to a story & it just took on a life of it’s own from there. Beyond the initial meeting the story bears no resemblance to the lives of these two people. They went on to become very good friends & both like the story very much. So two strangers bumped into each other in a Butcher’s shop & I got a novel. That is basically how it all started.

Cheers,
weebod
weebod

Postby kitnics » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi Weebod :happy:

Thanks for replying to my question, Sooo :big grin: the story came about from a chat you had with a friend who had met a gorgeous blonde, psssst are you the gorgeous blonde? go on tell me..I won't tell no-one :heehee: Seriously though, what a truly funny, touching and sexy novel you have written, thanks ever so much for indulging me, I will be on the look-out for more of your wonderful stories.

Thanks again

Kitnics.....aka...kitnics :big grin:

ps: what was the name of the butchers shop because I feel the need for a juicy steak :angel:
kitnics

Postby weebod » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:45 pm

lol...you are incorrigible!

I'm not the gorgeous blonde, would love to meet her though. I never thought to ask the name of the Butchers shop.

Cheers,
weebod
weebod

Postby kitnics » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:45 am

Hi weebod :big grin:

Thanks ever so much for responding to me, tho I'm finding it quite difficult to gain any information from you :candy lover: (mantra to self) must work on my charm.....must work on my charm :angel:

Thanks again

Kitnics......aka kitnics :big grin:
kitnics

Postby weebod » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:48 am

Trust me Kitnics, you have charm a plenty. lol

I'm trying to think of a bone that I could throw you, but I'm coming up blank. I did find out the name of the butchers shop though, so if you ever fancy that juicy steak, pop into 'Keenan & Kennedy'. :luck:

Regards,
weebod

PS: I hear they do a mean sausage too. ;)
weebod

Postby kitnics » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:43 am

Well hi weebod,

I haven't been about bothering you for awhile now :purr: But I have been browsing for more of your delicious :purr: stories and :waiting: I've been waitting for your story to appear, The undercover cop in scotland :waiting: ..lol...Hope your doing okay and enjoying the summer weather :frustrated: I know scotland is a rainy cloudy country.

Kind regards

kitnics......aka kitnics :big grin:
kitnics

Postby Jenny H » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:58 am

hi weebod

Just wanted to say hello and let you know I enjoy your stories so much.

Jenny H
Jenny H

Postby weebod » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Jenny,

thanks for popping in & letting me know that you are enjoying my stories. It's always great to hear that.

Cheers,
weebod

Hello Kitnics,

Scotland has been wetter than I can ever remember, rain, rain & more rain. :crying2:

The story is developing... so if you can just be a little more patient. I don't want to say exactly when, but I'm working on it. Hopefully not to long before I start posting. Thanks for your patience. :peace:

weebod
weebod

Next

Return to Weebod