Nasirt

Re: LOOKING FOR BDSM or POWER PLAY

Postby Condorcet » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:27 pm

"Les non-dupes errent" Lacan
which means literally : "Non-fools wander "
Condorcet

Postby UNKN » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Nasirt wrote:I would love - no I need some recommendations for BDSM or power play fiction

I've already read:

Penumbra - The Kink and How to Work it Series
BadSquirrel - The Dark Side of the Moon
Shadowriter - Heaven in Her Face
Shadowriter - Siren's Call
Radclyffe - Shadowland
All fiction by Meghan O'Brien

Please help someone!

You could try

- Safe Word by Kim Pritekel
- Dangerous Liaison by Aurelia
- Angels Heart and Angel Unchained by Mavis Applewater
- Turning Tides by A.K.Naten

UK
UNKN

Postby Nasirt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Condorcet wrote:You should check phair's fics
http://www.academyofbards.org/authors/phair.html

Thank you for the recommendation but that's not what I'm looking for.

You could try

- Safe Word by Kim Pritekel
- Dangerous Liaison by Aurelia
- Angels Heart and Angel Unchained by Mavis Applewater
- Turning Tides by A.K.Naten

UK

I've read all of those and they don't meet any of my requirements. Thank you for the effort though.
Nasirt

Postby Jendeh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Its not a freebie but The Collectors by Leslie Gowan would possibly meet your requirements. Its easily one of the better BDSM novels I've read and might be due for a sequel. I just felt like the author was more than willing to dive into the world of BDSM rather than write a typical romance that just glazes over the theme.

Here is the amazon link (hope thats okay) http://www.amazon.com/Collectors-Lesley-Gowan/dp/1602822085/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329272270&sr=1-1
Jendeh

Postby Nasirt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Jendeh wrote:Its not a freebie but The Collectors by Leslie Gowan would possibly meet your requirements. Its easily one of the better BDSM novels I've read and might be due for a sequel. I just felt like the author was more than willing to dive into the world of BDSM rather than write a typical romance that just glazes over the theme.

Here is the amazon link (hope thats okay) http://www.amazon.com/Collectors-Lesley-Gowan/dp/1602822085/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329272270&sr=1-1

Again thanks but I've read that already.

Keep the recommendations coming people...please?
Nasirt

Postby Jendeh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 am

Hmmmm have you read Rynna Cress? I'm trying to think of some more I've read. Unfortunately it seems to be a genre that is lacking in quality and quantity. Do you have any suggestions outside of the ones you initially mentioned? I really enjoy power play and bdsm is a bonus if written well.
Jendeh

Postby Girlblunder » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 am

I do not know the validity or quality but during my constant search for ebooks of all flavors across the web I've heard mentioned that Susanna Valent writes such things. I did try to read "Mistress Margot". It was a little heavy on BDSM for my taste (I'm only interested in light things) and to my understanding it was one of the lighter BDSM ebooks. I haven't checked out any others by her, but you could try it out.

Also I remember coming across Naked Heart by Jennifer Fulton. Now, I don't know the bdsm content of this but the blurb definitely was memorable. Not sure at all about this one but it's worth a shot if you're desperate.

Now the only free offering I have is a really long, never finished story. But I remember it being pretty good and being somewhat upset that it was never completed (to my knowledge). The site is down, but the wayback machine had it. The Speed of the Beat of my Heart by Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo. This one was mostly about power, although there are definitely some things that sounded a bit more than uncomfortable that I'm sure I would not like to try.

I lied, I remembered this one as I was typing about the last one. This one is about an experienced cop and a rookie cop. :3
Thin Blue Line

I think if you nose around the old website from the last link you might find some more. Hope I helped a bit. It took me about 15 minutes to find the last one...all I remembered was "Blue" xD.
Nothing spells disaster like a fool with good intentions.
Girlblunder

Postby hit.dana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:05 am

How about: On Her Knees by Rose Wilder

Description
Artists strive for perfection with every new piece they create. Jacqueline DeNorlan, acclaimed sculptor, has found her personal perfection in Victoria Lerner, a young assistant district attorney on the fast track to success, the yang to her yin, the perfect submissive for a loving but demanding Mistress. Follow their life and love in a riveting tale of bondage and submission.

allromanceebooks
lulu
a1adultebooks
hit.dana

Postby Nasirt » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:58 am

Wow thanks for the recommendations. I'm checking them out now
Nasirt

Postby iceflames » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:15 am

this site is no longer updated but it has some stories .

http://kindredspiritlodge.tripod.com/library.htm
iceflames

Postby frostline » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:18 am

frostline

Postby Nasirt » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Girlblunder wrote:I do not know the validity or quality but during my constant search for ebooks of all flavors across the web I've heard mentioned that Susanna Valent writes such things. I did try to read "Mistress Margot". It was a little heavy on BDSM for my taste (I'm only interested in light things) and to my understanding it was one of the lighter BDSM ebooks. I haven't checked out any others by her, but you could try it out.

Also I remember coming across Naked Heart by Jennifer Fulton. Now, I don't know the bdsm content of this but the blurb definitely was memorable. Not sure at all about this one but it's worth a shot if you're desperate.

Now the only free offering I have is a really long, never finished story. But I remember it being pretty good and being somewhat upset that it was never completed (to my knowledge). The site is down, but the wayback machine had it. The Speed of the Beat of my Heart by Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo. This one was mostly about power, although there are definitely some things that sounded a bit more than uncomfortable that I'm sure I would not like to try.

I lied, I remembered this one as I was typing about the last one. This one is about an experienced cop and a rookie cop. :3
Thin Blue Line

I think if you nose around the old website from the last link you might find some more. Hope I helped a bit. It took me about 15 minutes to find the last one...all I remembered was "Blue" xD.

Really thank you very much for these recommendations, I really enjoyed those stories. An extra sincere thank you for actually taking 15 minutes of your time to search for something for a stranger :happy:

hit.dana wrote:How about: On Her Knees by Rose Wilder

Description
Artists strive for perfection with every new piece they create. Jacqueline DeNorlan, acclaimed sculptor, has found her personal perfection in Victoria Lerner, a young assistant district attorney on the fast track to success, the yang to her yin, the perfect submissive for a loving but demanding Mistress. Follow their life and love in a riveting tale of bondage and submission.

allromanceebooks
lulu
a1adultebooks

I'd really really really like to read this book. It seems like exactly what I'm looking for and thank you for that. But unfortunately I'm unable to purchase it. Still thank you anyway.

If there are anymore recommendations out there please keep them coming. Thanks!
Nasirt

Postby Nasirt » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Come on people I'm starved for some stories. I know it's a fairly limited genre but it's not so small to be limited to these stories mentioned.
Nasirt

Postby Girlblunder » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 am

Have you tried out some Conqueror stories? There are several lists of this. Usually more than half have a queen/slave type thing going on.

Someone recommended phair, and if you look on the page there's the "Manor" series at the end with a master/slave relationship. I remember it being very interesting.

I would also recommend checking out some of the vampire/werewolf stories as a lot of those tend to include things of that nature

I'm afraid I've simply read too many things to have titles for everything, but I hope this points you in the direction of something you'll like.

You could try Freedom's Heart although to be perfectly honest with you I don't remember if it involved BDSM at all. I just recall that one of the main characters was a slave and the other a noble.

A quick search came up with:
Friday
haven't read myself, it had "Dominatrix" described as a lead character.

Grind
this one is a series that starts off with light powerplay and progresses I believe. It's been a while.

The Interview

Passions Fulfilled

Subdued
haven't read, title caught my eye and a quick skim shows a couple "experimenting."
Nothing spells disaster like a fool with good intentions.
Girlblunder

Postby bookmantra » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:32 am

For published works, you might be also interested in

1. Macho Sluts by Patrick Califia
2. The Story of L by Debra Hyde
Last edited by bookmantra on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
bookmantra

Postby phooey13fw » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:50 pm

phooey13fw

Postby Nasirt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:17 am

Wow! Many many thanks to you guys for the recommendations. I wasn't really expecting anymore :D
Nasirt

Postby Nasirt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:27 pm

I need some more recommendations you guys. Help me out pretty please?
Nasirt

Postby MarthaPurrs » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Um, I've just finished reading Wild by Meghan O'Brien. You could give it a shot, not her best work though.
.`.`.????- `.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`????-.`.`.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.
????-`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`. `.`. ????-
MarthaPurrs

Next

Return to Fiction Discussion