nd was voted the starting catcher on the

nd was voted the starting catcher on the

Postby lw789 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:12 am

BOSTON -- After putting only five shots on goal in the first period, the Boston Bruins took aim against Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo in the second and third. Three of their shots got past Luongo and although only two of them counted for goals, that was more than enough offence for the Bruins to beat the slumping Canucks 3-1 on Tuesday night. "The first period was a little bit of a tough period for us. I thought our puck management or how we move the puck around wasnt great," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "It wasnt really sharp, but it got better in the second and third period and that made a big difference." Boston led 1-0 after the first on Milan Lucics goal despite being outshot 9-5. Jarome Iginla and Daniel Paille added goals in the second period for the Bruins, and Tuukka Rask kept the Canucks from rallying with several saves on short-handed opportunities that could have invigorated Vancouver. The biggest was stopping Daniel Sedin on a breakaway, which led to Iginlas goal that put Boston up 2-0 with 12:01 left in the second period. "Its always good when they get a chance and you make a save and then your team scores right after that," Rask said. "That was a good sign." Rask made 27 saves against the road-weary Canucks, who were coming off 2-0 loss in Detroit the night before and dropped their fifth straight. Sedin and his twin brother, Henrik, extended their goal-scoring droughts to 17 games. "Me and Danny have got to step up and score goals. Thats No. 1. Thats the difference right now," said Henrik Sedin, who returned to the lineup Monday night after missing six games with an upper-body injury. "Weve got to be the difference-makers and were not right now." Raphael Diaz scored the only goal for Vancouver, pulling the Canucks to 2-1 on a slap shot with 8:32 left in the second period. Luongo stopped 29 shots for Vancouver and tried to take responsibility after the Canucks lost for the sixth time in seven games. "I think this ones 100 per cent on me. I wasnt too good out there tonight," he said. Canucks coach John Tortorella, in his second game back from a 15-day suspension, thanked Luongo for the sentiment, but said Vancouvers struggles go much deeper. "I appreciate Louie saying that, but this is a team thing here that were going through and well go through it together," Tortorella said. The Canucks kept it close until Paille scored on a breakaway late in the second period, then Boston controlled the final 20 minutes for its sixth win in seven games. "Weve been in a pretty good stretch. Weve had a goal leading up until the Olympic break to try and go in the right way," Iginla said. "We have two left, then some of the guys will go and well enjoy watching them." Vancouver had won the last two meetings since the Bruins beat the Canucks in seven games in the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. Boston appeared to take a 3-1 lead just 2:21 after Diaz scored, but Brad Marchands goal was waved off after officials ruled Bostons Torey Krug interfered with Luongo. The goalie immediately protested and gave Krug a shove, which led to a crowd in front of the net but nothing further. Luongo had no argument after the next goal. Paille took a long pass from Johnny Boychuk at the blue line for a breakaway and beat Luongo on a backhand with 2:54 left in the period. Rask stopped a pair of short-handed chances during Bostons first power play, then Daniel Sedins breakaway in the second that led to the Bruins second goal. Zdeno Chara slipped a crossing pass to Iginla for a one-timer past Luongo on the glove side with 12:01 left in the second. Lucic, who gave Boston a 1-0 lead 5:12 into the game, also got an assist on the play. NOTES: Iginlas assist on Lucics goal was the 600th of his career. ... Diaz made his Vancouver debut after he was obtained from Montreal for forward Dale Weise on Monday. ... The Bruins improved to 27-3-0 when leading by two or more goals this season. ... Chara played his final game for the Bruins before leaving for Russia to carry Slovakias flag during the opening ceremony at the Winter Olympics on Friday. Kailer Yamamoto Jersey .Murray has played 20 matches in five weeks, winning three titles to climb to fifth in the ATP Race.The two-time Grand Slam champion also seeks to qualify for next months ATP World Tour Finals.Murray said: I always wanted to qualify for it, but also I want to get back into the top 8 players in the world and it makes a huge difference for seedings in the major events. Leon Draisaitl Jersey . Gomes drove in all three runs, including a go-ahead two-run homer in the eighth inning, and Cleveland rallied for a 3-2 win over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/laurent ... it-jersey/. - Leon Draisaitl scored a hat trick as the Prince Albert Raiders stormed past the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday. Yohann Auvitu Jersey . By then it was clear: The 76ers were going to win for the first time in two months, and they were going to do it with ease. The 76ers snapped their NBA record-tying, 26-game losing streak, routing the Detroit Pistons 123-98 on Saturday night to avoid establishing the longest skid in U. Matt Benning Jersey . Chris Heisey followed with a two-run triple and Billy Hamilton added an RBI double, all but sealing Cincinnatis fourth straight victory and seventh in eight games. Brandon Phillips, celebrating his 33rd birthday, hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth for the Reds before pinch-hitter Buster Posey tied it with an RBI double off hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom half.ST. LOUIS - Yadier Molina came back ahead of schedule. The St. Louis Cardinals were not surprised one bit. The All-Star catcher was activated from the 15-day disabled list Friday and was batting sixth in the opener of a weekend series against the Chicago Cubs. "Hes probably one of the toughest guys Ive ever seen in the big leagues," general manager John Mozeliak said. "He looks great." The 32-year-old Molina tore a ligament in his right thumb sliding into third base on July 9 and he underwent surgery two days later. He missed seven weeks, beating the original prognosis of eight to 12 weeks and perhaps the rest of the season. "I feel good, 100 per cent good," Molina said. "Every part of my body feels great and Im ready to go." Bringing him back so quickly is a bit of a gamble, but Molina passed every test. "We are doing it with a little bit of caution or holding our breath to some degree," Mozeliak said. "But he feels like he can protect himself to allow himself to contribute. He really wants to be out there." Outfielder Shane Robinson, who was placed on the DL on Tuesday, underwent season-ending arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder on Thursday. Manager Mike Matheny said it will be a month before Robinson can begin rehab. Molina was batting .287 with seven homers and 30 RBIs in 83 games and was voted the starting catcher on the NL All-Star team. He was 5 for 66 with three doubles and two RBIs in two rehab games at Springfield.dddddddddddd "I saw the ball pretty good," Molina said. "Hopefully I keep seeing the ball here." Molina is a big upgrade defensively, lauded for game management in addition to an arm thats perhaps the best in the majors. Runners had been successful stealing on Molina just 18 times out of 35 chances. A.J. Pierzynski is 1 for 11 and Tony Cruz 5 for 19. "Yaddy has a reputation and they know hell pick them off if they get too far off," Matheny said. "And if they dont get a good jump and the pitcher doesnt give them much of a chance, theyre not going to have much of a shot. Hes a prolific throw in my opinion and I think hes proven that every year." Cruz, batting .195 with 12 RBIs in 44 games, was optioned to Double-A Springfield and will return when rosters expand on Sept. 1. The 37-year-old Pierzynski, batting .265 in 21 games with four homers and 31 RBIs, will be the backup. Molina was being eased back, to a degree. Hes batted fifth 71 times but was one slot behind Jhonny Peralta. The Cardinals also plan to recall left-hander Marco Gonzalez from Triple-A Memphis and add him as the 26th man for a day-night double-header Saturday. The 22-year-old first-round draft pick in 2013 is scheduled to start the second game. Gonzales has pitched at all four levels this season, including three starts with St. Louis. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '
lw789

Return to Fiction Discussion