White Johnny Unitas Jersey

Zee's Scrolls

White Johnny Unitas Jersey

Postby linchao » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:34 am

The Alliance of American Football is upon us. On opening weekend White Johnny Unitas Jersey , the games averaged about a 3.0 Nielsen rating (meaning ~3 million people watched each game), which eclipsed the NBA Showdown..."The Alliance of American Football is upon us. On opening weekend, the games averaged about a 3.0 Nielsen rating (meaning ~3 million people watched each game), which eclipsed the NBA Showdown featuring their good teams, Saturday Night Live itself, and I didn’t notice the Grammy buzz until after the last game last night.So now we know it’s watchable, right? What does the AAF have going for it? The AAF is made up of 8 teams. There are two conferences. The East is made up of teams out of Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis and Orlando. The West is made up of teams from San Antonio, San Diego, Tempe and Salt Lake City. Additionally, each team is “region-locked,” meaning their teams will be filled by players from colleges in the area of each team. Teams are not limited to current/recent college players, either. In fact, the first QB taken in the draft was 30-year old Josh Johnson, who played for the Colts in 2015 and most recently played for the Washington Redskins. Garrett Gilbert is another QB name you’d recognize from his time with the Carolina Panthers. I saw Brandon Oliver run the ball and we had a Trent Richardson sighting this weekend! He had two touchdown runs!I saw at least 3 NFL-ready QBs play a full game and can confirm you are not getting the best 32 QBs when you watch the NFL. Not for now Johnny Unitas Jersey 2019 , anyway. I feel like I can see that there is a dearth of offensive line talent and a great wealth of talent along the defensive line available. There are a handful of NFL ready WRs, TEs and CBs, and I can promise you that you will see an AAF player play in the NFL this year as well. Provided, of course, that said player doesn’t sign a contract that keeps him from doing so, and there is a clause that lets player opt out of their contract to play in the NFL.This is not the ”D-league”. This is the future of the NFL. Something to keep in mind is that of all the active players in the NFL, over half of them were never drafted. UDFAs make the NFL move, and the AAF will go a long way to raise the stock of guys who aren’t invited to the Shrine/NFLPA/Senior Bowl games aimed at providing exposure for players. Better UDFAs means better football later on in the NFL season.Games take place on the weekends and will tend to start at 8pm Saturday and 4pm Sunday, to correct myself from my last post. Yes, I sat down to watch at 4pm Saturday and wound up just waiting around until the 8pm start time. The league will have a 10-week regular season and will also have a 2-week playoff culminating with the championship game being played the Saturday after the opening rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft (which is perfect timing, right!?).I get that none of the teams are local to Indianapolis, but as I’ve already pointed out, there are several former Colts players blanketing the league and given how good the Colts are at evaluating talent, it’s fair to say that there are players in the AAF that will wind up in a Colts uniform eventually as well.The major difference between what the NFL offers and what the AAF has going for it is that first, the league requires only one foot down on a catch, just like college rules. There is a 35-second play clock and there are no commercial breaks between scores White Marshall Faulk Jersey , shortening the overall length of the game to around 2 hours. There are no kickoffs, instead the offense gets the ball at the 25-yard line. In the event you need the ball back after scoring, there is no onside kick. Instead, the trying team gets the ball on the 28-yard line and has one play to gain 12 yards. There are still field goals and punts, but teams must attempt 2-point conversions instead of extra point tries on touchdowns. In the event of overtime, Kansas Playoff rules are used. This means each team gets the ball on offense from the 10-yard line going in and 4 downs to score. If Team A scores and Team B scores, the game ends in a tie. If only one team scores, that team wins. If neither teams score, teams trade possession until a winner is determined.Of course, not all of these rules/rules changes are great and I certainly expect certain rules to get poo-pooed to death, but the sky ref in the press box is absolutely amazing. After a questionable touchdown catch, we all got to watch an official break down a catch going to the ground on a scoring play. Originally, she said the ball helped the receiver and that it’s an incomplete pass. Then, as she re-watched the play, she was able to see that the receiver’s hand was below the ball the entire time and never touched the ground, which led to her confirming the call as a touchdown. I know it doesn’t sound like it Marshall Faulk Jersey 2019 , but watching a call get made, overturned and then confirmed because of an effective review process is a step in the right direction for football as a whole. A reminder for those that watched is the sky ref can also call and reverse penalties, something football fans have clamored for forever, especially in the wake of that horrific no-call in the NFC Championship game. I’m not shedding a tear for Saints fans any time soon, but I did see the play happen and disagreed with the no-call. There, I said it.Any football is awesome, but the AAF isn’t the XFL. It isn’t a minor league. It’s not a dumb parade, either. Bill Polian started this league and on that name alone, I think it will serve a unique purpose in helping to improve the overall quality of football in the NFL and even give guys who don’t get to live out that dream a second chance. Again, Trent Richardson had two rushing touchdowns this weekend! How long has it been since we said that? Finally we saw the Indianapolis Colts put a game together in which it appeared that every aspect of the game meshed, both, mentally and physically. The Colts put up 37 points, but and the real positive with that is that 24 of those were off of turnovers. The offense was a well-oiled machine and the defense was opportunistic. The offensive line did well protecting Andrew Luck, and run blocking for the backs as well. Defensively, the Colts got home sacking Derek Anderson twice, hit him 4 times total White Marvin Harrison Jersey , and were excellent again on third-down situations. Aside from the respective units playing well as a whole, there were some individuals who deserve their game balls for the performances that they put forward in what may turn out to be a crucial game that sparked a run from the team when we look back on it at the end of the season.There will almost always be more who earned a shout out in these, but in a game like yesterday I just don’t have time to write about every single player. Though I’m glad that I actually felt as if they deserved it. You get it.Marlon MackAny time you can break 100 rushing yards for the Indianapolis Colts, you’re going to get a game ball. Let’s just get that out of the way. Hopefully that doesn’t continue to be the case as Mack looks as though he has truly begun to breakout in the way the Colts had always hoped he would this year after backing up Frank Gore last season.Mack totaled 159 all-purpose yards yesterday and 126 of that was on the ground. Mack’s last two games have been great. He’s averaging 6.9 yards per carry the last two weeks and Colts fans everywhere are begging for this to become the norm going forward. He’s looked quick, decisive and powerful when he’s needed to lately and you can’t help but get excited about it. Mack had 6 carries Sunday of at least 8 yards including a 15-yard run and a 20-yard touchdown run which, if anything like that can continue, the Colts have to love what they have in this offense in spite of a shaky receiving corps. Between Luck, a much improved offensive line and now an improving running game, that can get it done offensively. Luck can, and already has, made a weak bunch of receivers look better than they actually are.Braden SmithHow ‘bout this guy. He gets drafted as an unquestioned guard for the future, gets some looks in training camp and the preseason at tackle — failing to really look all that impressive — and now he’s looking like a legitimate starter in the NFL. This is not what we expected, but Chris Ballard may have knocked it out of the park and gotten a dominant left guard and a very serviceable right tackle with in the first two rounds of the 2018 NFL Draft. Smith took on some quality pass rushers the past two weeks and more than held his own as he’s literally started out of pure necessity for the Colts. The entire offensive line has looked really good lately, but for a guy to step in and work a couple of very clean games — especially for a rookie — he’s getting one of these prestigious game balls this week.I know he’ll be excited. Mike MitchellAgain, we come to a guy that we may not have expected much from just a couple weeks ago. Mitchell was signed after the Colts placed Matthias Farley on IR, and at 31 years old Marvin Harrison Jersey 2019 , he’s fit in perfectly with what the Colts are doing defensively. He’s amassed 14 total tackles, an interception that he nearly returned for a touchdown and has forced a fumble in just the past two weeks. He forced both of his turnovers yesterday, but he’s looked as if he’d been with the team all year when he stepped in in Week 6 against the Jets as well.The Colts have some issues with their safety group right now, and if Mitchell can continue to be a physical force on the backend of the Colts secondary, it could keep the team from having any real drop off from losing Farley and as Clayton Geathers battles injuries right now. Darius LeonardLeonard has been an absolute stud this year. The man’s a rookie WILL from a small school and is leading the league in tackles in spite of missing Week 5. He’s accumulated double-digit tackles in 4 of his 6 games this season — twice having double-digit solo stops — and is ALWAYS around the ball. He’s put up 4 sacks so far, and Sunday was no different. 17 total tackles, 12 solo, and he’s also been pretty stinking good in coverage as well. Simply put, the Colts found a gem. And many, many analysts pegged the Leonard pick as one of the worst of the draft. He’s become a leader on this young defense, and is rubbing off onto Anthony Walker as well. The two have developed a great chemistry and that is no small feat. After the linebacker position being one of the worst in the league a year ago, the Colts look as if they might have turned it into a legitimate strength. Leonard played his butt off yesterday, and is not only getting important stops in at the line of scrimmage or in the passing game, but he earned another tackle for loss yesterday and his ability to get into the backfield has been so vital to the Colts’ ability to put both aspects of the game together just as they did Sunday. I’d expect him to get a few more of these in the near future.
linchao

Return to Zee