Favourite unfinished masterpieces?

Re: Favourite unfinished masterpieces?

Postby kali_blue » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:10 pm

I have to agree on a few already posted:

The Speed Of The Beat Of My Heart - by Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo
Honor Among Thieves - by Sage Hamilton
Shell Game by Maggie Ryan

Ingrid Diaz Aka Dreams has been slowly revising The Blind Side of Love version 2, but hasn't added an update in over a year. The first version is complete, but the more mature version is still in progress http://midnightisland.com/weblog/index. ... f-love-v2/

There is another story I wouldn't call it a masterpiece as it never got that long of far, but I've been jonesing for more as unlikely as it seems. I think its on AOB. A gal is a contestant on a reality tv show, I think a pseudo Big Brother as she is trapped in a house with some other folks. She can hear this gal that works for the show and likes her voice and she is like her life line to outside world. They haven't met, but they seem in tune. The story wasn't much past a few weeks. It was just an intriguing idea since they hadn't met. It was an original yet artificial constraint.

Kali
Last edited by kali_blue on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kali_blue

Postby jumper23 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Ingrid Diaz Aka Dreams has been slowly revising The Blind Side of Love version 2, but hasn't added an update in over a year. The first version is complete, but the more mature version is still in progress http://midnightisland.com/weblog/index. ... f-love-v2/

there's actually been an update as recently as august 18th. at least, the date says august 18th, 2009. check it out.

http://community.livejournal.com/tbsol_v2/

it's one of my favorites too!
jumper23

Postby silverwriter01 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 pm

I love Ingrid's Rayne series but its been on hold for a year :(
Me - "Quiz time!"
Student - "I ain't going to lie to you. I didn't pay attention to anything you were doing up there."
Me - "I noticed. Feel for you. Here's your quiz."
silverwriter01

Postby Jude » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 am

Great post...

I agree with The Sound of the Beat of My Heart! Amazing Story
And also Unbroken

I have chosen not to read Honor Among Thieves because it is isn't finished, and I would have to rant and rave at the end, although i'm very curious about it.

i'm a little confused about something. I looked at the list and Shell Game is by Zipplic not M. Ryan. M. Ryan wrote The Deal, and she is going to right a sequel sometime this fall. Shell Game by Zipplic is complete. Or am I missing something?
Where passion is not found, no virtue ever dwelt

There aren't any bitches, hoes, whores, sluts, or cunts. Who and how many people we love or sleep with is not a testament
of our character or a moral judgement, but simply a choice we make.
Jude

Postby heinerway » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:10 am

Jude wrote:Great post...

I agree with The Sound of the Beat of My Heart! Amazing Story
And also Unbroken

I have chosen not to read Honor Among Thieves because it is isn't finished, and I would have to rant and rave at the end, although i'm very curious about it.

i'm a little confused about something. I looked at the list and Shell Game is by Zipplic not M. Ryan. M. Ryan wrote The Deal, and she is going to right a sequel sometime this fall. Shell Game by Zipplic is complete. Or am I missing something?

Shell Game is the unfinished sequel to Maggie Ryan's The Deal. You can browse her work here:
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Satellite/6813/

And regarding Honor Among Thieves, I almost... almost... started to read it, but at the end I also chose not to do it for your same reasons.
heinerway

Postby kali_blue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Jumper - you rock :applause:

Nice to learn of the the update and 2 more chapters to TBSOL v2. That was a treat. It is still unfinished so still counts for this list. I joined Live Journal just so I could read her updates.

I sort of thought Cherished by Ambrosia was finished, but checked & saw it wasn't. The bike thing seemed a reasonable place to end after 414 pages or maybe it just reminded me of ILMHISF with Jaime & Ryan so I was content. hmm...maybe I just convinced myslef. Not that Georgie and Jaden are smililar to Jaime & Ryan beyond perhaps an uber appearance and a few qualities. Maybe I need to re-read it and see if I'm content with it undone. Although I think I''ll re-read The Speed of the Beat of My Heart first.

Kali
kali_blue

Postby Scotti » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:26 pm

SBMH is one of my all time favorite stories, it still bums me out that it is unfinished, I don't suppose any of you know the details as to why it will not be finished? I'd really like to know just in that it may help with some closure. :sad2:

Has Ambroisa published anything? I don't see where she has posted in a while, hopefully means publication and not loss of a muse.

Later Dudes

Scotti
Laughter is the closest distance between two people.
Scotti

Postby Jude » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:12 pm

Ahhh...Somehow I missed Shell Game. Loved The Deal, and I think it will be finished. If I remember correctly the author is in television or something of the sort, and there was something about ratings, and she said she would write the sequel this fall...but maybe i'm wrong.

There aren't any bitches, hoes, whores, sluts, or cunts. Who and how many people we love or sleep with is not a testament
Jude

Postby jumper23 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Jumper - you rock :applause:

Nice to learn of the the update and 2 more chapters to TBSOL v2. That was a treat. It is still unfinished so still counts for this list. I joined Live Journal just so I could read her updates.

Well, thank you. I do try. That was the only reason I joined Live Journal myself... but I'm staying away until it's finished. I don't do well with disappointment. Makes me sad.
jumper23

Postby letsread » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 pm

Jude, where did you find out that M. Ryan will be working on Shell Game this fall? I hope it true :big grin:
I'd rather be reading.
letsread

Postby kali_blue » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:53 pm

I went to re-read Speed of the Beat of my Heart only to realize that I had never read it before. I must have been going with the principal if it ain't done I won't read it. But since I thought I had read it, re-reading it seemed a small price to pay. So for the benefit of full disclosure I have to say that the over 100 chapters was a great read and would keep my previous recommendation. I kept anticipating the abrupt ending so that was distracting. Since I realized I hadn't read it before I really didn't know where it was going to end. The question what is my time commitment going to be was unanswerable for me.

It was wonderful and kept going only to finally end at an odd point, not a cliff hanger just undone with multiple loose ends. I will share one thought: the last entry is #49. There is no #50 for those of you that may decide to read it. It is truly a commitment as it is quite long, but the dialogue is wonderful and the sex is hot.

Cheers
Kali
kali_blue

Postby Jude » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:37 pm

letsread wrote:Jude, where did you find out that M. Ryan will be working on Shell Game this fall? I hope it true :big grin:

It's posted at the end of her story, she said there will be a sequel but she needs to get through November sweeps first. :)

Jude

Postby Norsebard » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:07 am

Jude wrote:It's posted at the end of her story, she said there will be a sequel but she needs to get through November sweeps first.

Ah yes, but, unfortunately, I think you'll find that Maggie wrote those words nearly a decade ago. The sequel she's talking about is Shell Game, but that hasn't been updated since the early 2000's. :(

I know the story is marked as 'April 2009' in Maggie's index, but that was when the Athenaeum indexed it, not when it was written. :(

Norsebard
Norsebard

Postby Jude » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:54 pm

I tried the link from heinerway for "the speed of the beat of my heart" but couldn't move on to chapter 3. Link seems broken? Does anyone have another link? Thanks!

Jude

Postby heinerway » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:28 am

Jude wrote:I tried the link from heinerway for "the speed of the beat of my heart" but couldn't move on to chapter 3. Link seems broken? Does anyone have another link? Thanks!

Huh? It works for me.

http://web.archive.org/web/200302181944 ... peed1.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200302191116 ... peed2.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200302200748 ... peed3.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200302210221 ... peed4.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200303022334 ... peed5.html

Try it again!
heinerway

Postby Jude » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:33 am

Thaks heinerway. I guess the pages aren't linked together. When I click on the next part at the bottom of the page the story won't come up. And the first link doesn't list any of the chapters so I can click on them individually. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I'm doing this all on my blackberry? Or just human error

Jude

Postby dakota86 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:52 am

Just thought i would resurect this old thread
i have one fic that i wish would be finished
its the 3rd part of The Binding Tie by MJB (the tightest knot)
i have tried to email her with the emails given but never got a response

:crying2: :crying2: :crying2:
dakota86

Postby MissPogani » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:46 am

You get my vote too, great topic. I never ever post a reply and here am I!

With no rank whatsoever, my top "frustration" list:
Lucky, by Mycah6
Honor among thieves, by Sage Hamilton
Aplocalypse book 2, by Brigit M Morgan
Pathfinder, by Sparky and Windstar (I see I'm the first to give that title so TRY IT! and it stops so close to an end too, grr)
When I feel masochistic, i re-read them (and try not to hope, I know this stories have been deserted for so long - shame!). Eh, if anything, you know what you'll get. And it's worth it anyway.

Thanks to you'll, I'm quite engrossed in The speed of the beat of my heart.
But ...speed34 seems to be lost?
MissPogani

Postby blondiepinkhead » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:28 pm

The Speed Of The Beat Of My Heart - Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo, definitely. It's one of my all-time favourites, and it's such a shame it's unfinished. I really do hope it will be finished some day.

And also Cherish - Ambrosia.
blondiepinkhead

Postby MissPogani » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Forget it, found it!
I've just finished the 49 parts. Phew, what a trip... Nothing is ever simple in life, but that must be some sort of record for these two!
Thanks again for the reference.
MissPogani

PreviousNext

Return to Fiction Discussion