Favourite unfinished masterpieces?

Favourite unfinished masterpieces?

Postby Sai » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:32 am

I often wonder why three of my all time favourite stories are unfinished. These three are up there in my all time top ten fan fiction and I find it down right sad that these brilliant, intellegent masterpieces are left hanging in cyberspace just floating around unresloved. :sad2:

Even after years of inactivity I still hold a kernel of hope that someday they may be completed. After my selfish thoughts have dissipated my mind turns to wondering about the authors, I worry a little if they're okay even though I don't know them personally, and I hope they're so busy living a happy and fulfilling real life that they just don't have the time to write anymore. Our fan fiction world is a lesser place without these gifted people.

Having said all that, our community is jam packed with very competent and excellent writers who do complete their work and I am very very gratetful for all of you. :not worthy:

Here are my favourite unfinished masterpieces:

Apocalypse: Book 2 - Inferno - by Brigit M Morgan
The Spead Of The Beat Of My Heart - by Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo
Honor Among Thieves - by Sage Hamilton

What are yours?

Sai
Sai

Re: Favourite unfinished masterpieces?

Postby Dogz » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:01 am

Ohhhh, good question.

Shell Game by M Ryan
Unbroken by Carrie Ryan and K Darblyne

Even though the story posted is finished, I always wished Skippy had done more stories in the Hawk Run Chronicles. The first one was hilarious.

And there's quite a few Star Trek Voyager stories I always hope will be finished.
Azteca's Everything and It Was Your Blood
Elizabeth Carter's A Mile/A Journey series
jumpin's Evolutions and For The Love Of A Child
Lisa Countryman's Seven Wonders
Sparx I Quit and Slavery Suits You
Texbkwrm's Families/In Laws series

Even though they're not finished, I still torture myself by going back and reading them again and again. (sometimes I feel like a bug flying at a window, again, and again, and again....never getting any further :shock: )

I'm almost positive there's others, but they were the only ones I could think of. Like you, after getting over myself and stopping my mumbling and grumbling about them not being finished, I hope they're just too busy having a good life with no time to write any more. I doappreciate what they have given us, and eternally live in hope of more :big grin:

Jo
:Puppy Dog Eyes:
Dogz

Postby Scotti » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:15 am

The Speed Of The Beat Of My Heart - by Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo, I agree whole heartedly, this has been on the top of my wish pile for years.. I am ever hopeful it will be completed some how some way. I even believe there is an old thread here about maybe other authors taking up the reigns to complete the stories.. But it is my understanding that , that would be a monumental task because of all the intricacies involved. Oh well I live in hope. GOOD ? Sai excellent topic...

Later Dude

Scotti
Laughter is the closest distance between two people.
Scotti

Postby chatham23 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Great question! Maybe some of the authors will see this and give us an update.

Lucky by Micah6 - I tried contacting her a few weeks ago and got no reply. Surprising since she always replied to feedback really quickly in the past.

Spring Break by Lady J

Later peeps,

Laurel :peace:
"Me fail English, unpossible!" Ralph Wiggum
chatham23

Postby Irish Eyes » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Great topic!

I will have to agree with:
The Speed of the Beat of my Heart...Salat/Muscolo
Such a great story, couldn't believe the length of an unfinished story!

Lucky...Micah6
Gods!!! I soooo love this one! (and love it even more every time I torture myself into reading it!)

Spring Break...Lady J
So many ways this could go and I really want to know!

and have to add Welcome to Paradise...FlyBigD
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Irish Eyes

Postby silverwriter01 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:34 pm

:love struck: Spring Break by Lady J :love struck:
I honestly don't know which pairings I'm rooting for, but I can't wait to see how the story goes.
Me - "Quiz time!"
Student - "I ain't going to lie to you. I didn't pay attention to anything you were doing up there."
Me - "I noticed. Feel for you. Here's your quiz."
silverwriter01

Postby heinerway » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:53 am

I agree with all of you in this two things:
1. This is a great post.
2. I'd love to see finished The Speed Of The Beat Of My Heart by Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo.
heinerway

Postby letsread » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Here's another one for Shell Game by M. Ryan and Apocalypse: Book 2 - Inferno - by Brigit M Morgan, both of them I wish would be finished. Great stories!
I'd rather be reading.
letsread

Postby Echodiana » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Cherish by Ambrosia and the previously mentioned Lucky by Micah6. I do generally have a rule about never reading incomplete stories but these seemed to good too pass up.
Echodiana

Postby mec » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Although I tend to have a strict rule not to start reading a story until I know it is finished, I'm now intrigued by one that keeps getting mentioned in this thread: The Speed Of The Beat Of My Heart by Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo. I did a couple of quick searches and it doesn't appear to be located at any of the likely sites. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can read it and join in with everyone else in lamentation?
mec

Postby heinerway » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:46 pm

mec wrote:Although I tend to have a strict rule not to start reading a story until I know it is finished, I'm now intrigued by one that keeps getting mentioned in this thread: The Speed Of The Beat Of My Heart by Michal Salat and Joann Muscolo. I did a couple of quick searches and it doesn't appear to be located at any of the likely sites. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can read it and join in with everyone else in lamentation?

Yes, I have this same rule. And the only exception I ever made to this rule was with The Speed Of The Beat Of My Heart. I even was very aware that the story will never be concluded, but I read so many things about it that I was really curious.

You can read this story here: http://web.archive.org/web/200302181944 ... peed1.html
heinerway

Postby mec » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:03 pm

heinerway wrote:Yes, I have this same rule. And the only exception I ever made to this rule was with The Speed Of The Beat Of My Heart. I even was very aware that the story will never be concluded, but I read so many things about it that I was really curious.

You can read this story here: http://web.archive.org/web/200302181944 ... peed1.html

Wow, that was fast. I just did a quick check ... 140+ chapters?!?! This isn't a novel, it's a commitment!

I've got it bookmarked now and in the "queue".

Thanks so much ...

... although I may curse your name when I get to the last page and there is no conclusion. ;)
mec

Postby Sai » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:55 am

Wow, that was fast. I just did a quick check ... 140+ chapters?!?! This isn't a novel, it's a commitment!

LOL You won't regret it, it's one of THE best, well worth the read even though you know it's incomplete. All the stories I listed in my original post are worth the time......honest! :batting_eyelashes:

I knew I'd start something with this topic! :blushing:

Sai
Sai

Postby hickcrone » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi all,

I am not sure unfinished is exactly right for this one as there ARE completed stories. The series itself has no end and stopped with the hint of more to come. I direct you to:

http://inkubator.oplink.net/index.htm

specifically, The Voyages of Diana.

From the site:

Series Description. Toss a sophisticated space cruiser, a battle-scarred captain, the galaxy's most beautiful woman, a canned squid, several attitudinous computers, a good ol' gal from Alabama, some religious nuts, a glowing sentient bedsheet fond of free verse, and one mineral-based life form into the cosmos, and what do you get? "The Voyages of Diana" follows the adventures of Star Fleet's first all-female crew on a state-of-the-art ship that just can't seem to stay out of trouble. This kitchen-sink series features a huge cast, unusual settings, and enough plot complications to keep a soap opera busy for decades.

"The Voyages of Diana" is a participatory story for writers of fan fiction. The series features all-new characters on a brand-new ship in the familiar world of Star Trek. You can add to the story using the characters and situations set up here, or invent your own.

I reread these periodically as I enjoy them every bit as much as when I first found them. Some are funny, like A Letter Home, some are very serious. All are well written.

Hick
hickcrone

Postby frostline » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Oh I love this topic.
Yes definitely the Speed of the beat of my heart.
but I am a huge fan of the Conqueror
and one of the greatest Conqueror stories of All time is unfinished.
I know the Bard was still writing at least until this year.
Conquering Liaisons by Carola Eriksson
frostline

Postby jt1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:28 pm

OK, I'm showing my age here and going waaay back, but a few of mine are:

Debts by Alecto Perfect Pitch by JC Wilder Redemption Song by Blonde bard
Trial Of Conscience by Troubleshooter Summer of Love by Zoe The Guardian by Jules Kerr
Shell Game by Maggie Ryan Judicial Love by Warrior Judge.

I now also do not start reading anything until it is finished, except for Missy Good's Dar & Kerry
stories. I pretty much have faith that she will eventually finish those.

jt
jt1

Postby Scotti » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Judicial Love by Warrior Judge, wow I had forgotten about that one. I too would love to see this one finished. I used to check faithfully and search for hours to see if a finished version was ever posted, no such luck. Is the story link still available? It's worth a read even unfinished folks..

Found this. Haven't had time ti investigate it yet. Not sure if its the same Bard... But looks like stories were posted in 2007

http://kindredspiritlodge.com/Bards/War ... Index.html

:cool2:

Scotti
Scotti

Postby joey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Great subject

One of the first stories I read was "What Goes On Behind Closed Doors" and I was so mad to find it wasn't complete. Also "Heaven on Earth" by Julia Ford.
joey

Postby Scotti » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 pm

Anyone remember the Uber where the girls are in the Marines? They are roommates, don't get along at first then become best friends. UX gets pregnant by boyfriend/fiancee, fiancee is killed tragically. etc the girls eventually fall in love and have to deal with UG's parents visit and there the story stops. Been quite sometime with no updates... At least this is the way I vaguely remember it.

Scotti
Scotti

Postby jt1 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:34 pm

You are referring to "Don't Ask, Don't tell" by SK Allen, another one on my list. I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it.
jt1

Next

Return to Fiction Discussion