Are we back?

Are we back?

Postby The Fallen » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:15 pm

So is the website back? Up and running? :)

Should we start submitting stories and feedback again?

And if so... well, the next obvious question is when (or if) do we get the spam all deleted from the forum? ;)

Welcome back, Bardeyes. As I've always thought this was the best fiction site on the web for many, many years, I'm so glad to see it all working again. Long may it continue.
Check out my latest story: A Heart Darkened by Wine at the Royal Academy of Bards (at: http://www.academyofbards.org/fanfic/u/ursulakincaid_aheartdarkenedbywine.html).

The Fallen: Making the utterly fantastic perfectly feasible since 2009.
:D
The Fallen

Re: Are we back?

Postby Bardeyes » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:19 pm

We're back. It's been a tough couple of years, and it will continue to be so, but we're here again! New stories? Gimmie, gimme!

Spam? On the forum? Surely you jest. The short answer is...no, it's not going away. Sorry about that, even in the best of times our energy is pathetic anymore--and it's never the best of times anymore. WW and I take care of each other though.

It really does feel good to be working on the site. The response we've gotten so far has been pretty overwhelming. We weren't even certain it was ever visited much anymore. It seems we were very, very wrong there.
Bardeyes
Site Admin

Postby Norsebard » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:48 am

Ooooooooooooooooooh! :big grin: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy:

Norsebard
Norsebard

Postby The Fallen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:48 pm

I (and I'm sure everyone else) understand, Bardeyes. Life can get tough at times, really tough, and unfortunately sometimes for long periods. Hopefully things will get easier for you and WebWarrior very soon.

Personally, I'm glad you got so a positive and overwhelming response - but I'm not at all surprised. Like I said, the ease of posting, the voting system, the regular competitions (please tell me those will also be making a comeback! ;), the feedback system, all of that... well, to me it always made The Athenaeum the best fiction site out there. I can't tell you how much I've missed it.

No, scratch that - I might actually be tell you how much. Let me put it this way - learning that you are working to resurrect the site has really kindled my desire to write more stories, more often. It's fantastic to have you back! :big hug:

EDIT: Follow-up question - how do we submit stories now? Your update on the What's New page says use the contact form as you don't look too closely at the e-mails anymore (due to sheer volume, perfectly understandable) but that's not possible for stories.
Check out my latest story: A Heart Darkened by Wine at the Royal Academy of Bards (at: http://www.academyofbards.org/fanfic/u/ursulakincaid_aheartdarkenedbywine.html).

The Fallen: Making the utterly fantastic perfectly feasible since 2009.
:D
The Fallen

Postby Bardeyes » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Hugs are always welcome. We'll definitely have contests/competitions again, I'm guessing the first in a couple of months. Hmmm...just don't tell WW that I've kindled your desire. ;)

As for submitting stories, all you need to do is send us an e-mail through the contact form. We'll reply with out super secret code word only top level clearance e-mail addy. 8-)
Bardeyes
Site Admin

Postby Kugai » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:36 pm

YAY!!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

It's good to see you and this place back again - even if I occasionally drop in to read some of my favorite works :big grin:

I hope things get better for you as time goes on, but just the fact that you are actually back to update the site is a positive step. :angel: :hug2:
JAMES THE KUGAI

You can NEVER have too much Coffee
Kugai

Postby TigToo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi Bardeyes

Really glad to see you back, I hope things are better / as well as they can be for you both :big hug: . I wouldn't make you all suffer anything that I would write, but I think I have read most of this site. :D:
So is there any chance you might find a lost Bad Squirrel or Larisa :daydreaming:

Being in UK this is the only good thing to happen in the last week :oops: :worried: :frustrated: :angry: :cry: oh we did have Trump visit (lucky us)
TigToo

Postby Bardeyes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:59 pm

TigToo wrote:Hi Bardeyes

Really glad to see you back, I hope things are better / as well as they can be for you both :big hug: . I wouldn't make you all suffer anything that I would write, but I think I have read most of this site. :D:
So is there any chance you might find a lost Bad Squirrel or Larisa :daydreaming:

Being in UK this is the only good thing to happen in the last week :oops: :worried: :frustrated: :angry: :cry: oh we did have Trump visit (lucky us)

Thanks, TigToo. Hugs are always welcome.

Finding Lari or Badsquirrel...that might be tough one. I'll e-mail them and see if they reply.

Sorry for what's going on in the UK. You really have had a bad week. As for Trump, we have him 24/7. He's a scary, vulgar, sexist, racist, SOB wrapped in more than a bit of fascism. And I'm being polite there.
Bardeyes
Site Admin

Postby Rocky » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 pm

FANTASTIC!!! This is a dream come true. Thank you ever so much. :love struck:

With all the miserable things happening is the world this is a brilliant ray of Sunshine.

Welcome back I have so missed you.

...Rocky
"Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does."
Rocky

Postby Bardeyes » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks Rocky, the response to our return has been...far more than we expected.

It really is good to be back.
Bardeyes
Bardeyes
Site Admin

Postby Lori » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:47 pm

OmygodOhmygodOhmygod! I could effin' cry right now! I have missed you guys sooo much! The Athenaeum is like home, and I've felt left out in the cold for the last few years. I'm so glad you're back, and I'm sending out positive energy to you and WW. Be Well. :big hug:
Lori

Postby Bardeyes » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:22 pm

Back at ya Lori! :big hug:
Bardeyes
Site Admin

Postby jETT » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Welcome back.

This is a great website and I am very happy to see it updated again.
jETT

Postby celticmusicrocks » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Welcome back!!!!! :big hug: :big hug: :big hug:
celticmusicrocks

Postby Bardeyes » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:31 am

:purr:
Bardeyes
Site Admin

Postby coyotestitch » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:50 am

Long time lurker here (Hi :D )
It's great the see the site back up an running. I'm super excited to catch up on reading all the stories I've missed ^_^
coyotestitch

Postby Bardeyes » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:43 am

coyotestitch wrote:Long time lurker here (Hi :D )
It's great the see the site back up an running. I'm super excited to catch up on reading all the stories I've missed ^_^

Thanks coyotestitch. We're trying to find a few good ones to share what everyone. Hopefully we'll find enough to keep us posting for awhile.

Take care,
Bardeyes
Bardeyes
Site Admin

Postby kky » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:58 am

Welcome back!!
It takes me some time to realize that you were back, but I'm very very happy to see that. :D :applause:
Bonne chance!!
kky

Postby darkenedkarma » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:05 pm

You're back! :big grin: I was just surfing along and there you were! It's so good to see you back. I hope you are both doing great and feeling even better. :big hug:
darkenedkarma

Postby Bardeyes » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 am

darkenedkarma wrote:You're back! :big grin: I was just surfing along and there you were! It's so good to see you back. I hope you are both doing great and feeling even better. :big hug:

It's nice to be doing this again. Feeling better is a relative term. I'm feeling better than I was, but then again I just went though 18 spectacular fun filled months of cancer treatment, so just being alive actually feels pretty good. Now, if I had the body I had at 25, that would feel even better! A beach house would be nice as well...on a private beach, and... Oh, sorry, I was daydreaming again.
Bardeyes
Site Admin

Next

Return to Fiction Discussion