Last Updated: October 10th, 2012
What we accept:
What we will not accept:
- Original, Uber, Alternative and General Fiction.
- Fan fiction from all realms (Xena, Star Trek, CSI, Stargate SG1, Buffy, etc.)
- Erotica with some exceptions -
The story must be more than just an excuse to write an explicit sex scene. If there is zero character development and no emotional content, it will not be accepted. If the sex takes up more the half the story, it will not be accepted. In this genre, we're now looking for tales that are believable, artfully crafted with an interesting premise and skillfully woven eroticism.
Formatting your work:
- Nonconsensual sex portrayed as erotic in any way - even if it's in a dream sequence. This includes, but is not limited to, scenes where one partner is unwilling or forced at the start, but eventually begins to enjoy it, as well as erotically portraying the rape of a slave. Also, we will not accept any works that portrays rape as anything but a serious crime.
- We're very open minded, but 'erotica' that makes us feel like saying 'ick' as we read it. Nope...won't post it.
Before you send us your work:
- Please do not pre-format your story into HTML. Italic, bold, and underlined text will be preserved in the online version of your story. Please be aware that special colors, fonts, or indenting will not show up.
What you need to include in the story.
- Check the spelling on your entire story. We highly recommend Open Office for it's full featured word processor. It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux, and best of all it's FREE!
- Have it Beta read if at all possible. We have a nice list of Beta Readers on our site and other sites do as well.
How to send us a story:
- The title.
- Your pen name.
Please remember that employers nearly always check the Internet before hiring! Using a pen name also prevents fans that are a little too fanatical about your work from becoming a problem outside of the Internet. Maintaining privacy online is difficult enough, please don't give it up without understanding the consequences!
- E-mail address feedback or comments. (Optional)
- If the story takes place in a specific universe let us know. (Xena, Stargate SG1, CSI, Tolkien, etc.)
- A Disclaimer is required if any of your characters are owned by someone else.
- A Content Warning is required if your story contains extreme violence and/or nonconsensual sex.
- Optionally, you may include other information about your story such as genre, cast, or any episodes that your story relates to.
- We strongly recommend you including a teaser or description of your story. This will usually get the story to the target audience faster.
Questions, comments, kudos, chocolate brownies, complaints, requests for more info?
- When you send us a story we assume that you are agreeing to the above requirements. As a privately owned website, we always reserve the right to decide what does and does not go onto our site. For works that we don't post, most often we will give some constructive criticism; in many instances where this has happened the writer has resubmitted at a later date a substantially improved version that we've been happy to post. We'll never tell you what not to write, just if it meets our guidelines for posting on our site. This is supposed to be an enjoyable pursuit and we encourage you to write what you enjoy and share it.
Webwarrior - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bardeyes - email@example.com
"The Athenaeum @ xenafiction.net" Copyright ©1998-2009
The contents of this web site may not be reproduced in any form without written permission from the authors.
The owners of this site may be reached at Bardeyes2@xenafiction.net