- Femslash by the bucketfull.
Just about anything you could want can be found here.
- Even more buckets of femslash.
Home of my greatest influence, fanartwise - Pink Rabbit.
- Once dedicated solely to Xena: Warrior
Princess fandom, this site has expanded to encompass everything.
Massive archive of fic.
Australian Xena Information Page
- The great big
mama of all X:WP sites. Fic, pix, articles, you name it, it's
- A gentle blast from the
past. I would not be where I am today if this page hadn't
existed all those years ago.
- One of my all time favorite
wallpaper sites for X:WP. Also home to screencaps, and high
- Home of the Xena Dinosaur Bards fanfiction listing.
- Home of the fanfiction and original fiction of Melissa Good, aka
- This artist makes some very lovely
fanfiction story covers, wallpapers, and other graphics.
- One of my favorite "uber" authors
(though her stories go far beyond the Xenaverse).
- Site of Nene Adams, another one
of my favorite writers.
- LOLcats gone Xena. Too funny.
Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5
- Everything you need
to have to dive into Babylon 5.
Chosen: A Buffy Virtual Season
awesome virtual series for BtVS. A bit slow to update, but
definitely worth the wait.
P as in
- Website dedicated to Paget Brewster, who
plays the awesome Emily Prentiss on Criminal Minds.
- A livejournal community that I run dedicated to Criminal Minds
- One of my favorite tv shows.
Great site with tons of info.
- Official site for the actress who played
Casey Novak on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Elizabeth
Blaine on Wes Craven's Dracula II & III
- Megasite for all things Stargate.
to Stargate SG-1
- Great site for SG-1.
Ep guide, screencaps, photos, etc.
- Home of CaBenson's fantastic music
- Site for Amanda Tapping, the
actress who played Samantha Carter on Stargate SG-1 and who currently
plays Helen Magnus on Sanctuary.
- Massive archive of Torres/Seven slash.
- Site for Gina Dartt, author of the
awesome Janeway/Seven "Just Between..." and "Milennium" stories.
Gina has also written in the Bad Girls, All My Children, and
Xena: Warrior Princess fandoms and has two published novels.
- Site for Fewthistle, one of favorite
fanfiction writers. Brilliant work. Stuff I return
to over and over.
Quadrant of Venus
- Tenderware's Janeway/Seven
fanfiction. Classic J/7 writer. Love her stories.
- DAx's fanfiction. Another one of my favs.
- Site for the absolutely fantastic writer,
Fletcher DeLancy. Her Voyager stories are a must read.
- Rocketchick's most excellent stories, videos, and graphics can be
- Site for the fantastic artist, Grumpybear1031. Check it
out! Seriously awesome stuff.
Celtic Dragon's Lair
- My buddy Ceridwyn2's site.
Lots of cool stuff.
- Home to some seriously awesome music
- Site for Gilligan Kane's fic. Lots of good stuff here.
Unofficial Isis Appreciation Page
Wonder Woman, The Bionic Woman, and Charlie's Angels, the Saturday
morning show Isis really defined a part of my youth, and I think the
impression of strong women characters really stuck with me over the
- I never really got into the books
by Tanya Huff that spawned this series, but I adored the show.
- Monster listing of what's new in the world of uber and
other types of femslash fic.
- Official site for the SyFy series, Sanctuary.
- Massive fansite/message board for
all things Otalia (Guiding Light's Olivia/Natalia), Venice, &
otherwise related to Crystal Chappell.
- Podcast duo that are witty, charming,
and a blast to listen to - whatever subject they choose to cover.
- Massive archive of BAM,
Otalia, and Venice fanfic.
- Official site of Venice, a web
series featuring Crystal Chappell, Jessica Leccia and a host of other
very talented indivduals. This show is a touch soapy, a whole
lot gay, and bunches of fun.
- Guiding Light may have ended,
but a group of fans (including yours truly) have carried on with the
characters, creating a virtual series that explores how we hope things
might have happened with our favorite Springfielders.
- Another archive for Otalia fanfic.
Murder Club Virtual Season
- Another awesome
virtual series. I enjoyed every single episode.
- Blog and home of the fic of Riley LaShea.
Love her Women's Murder Club stories.
This is but a small sampling of the various fandom sites that I visit -
call these my "frequent fliers", if you will. I hope that you
will have found something of interest among their pages.
- Site with a lot of great musicians. In
particular, check out Hands Upon Black
- Fantastic pagan group. Love
- Another fantastic folk/pagan group.
Awesome, upbeat music.
- Fantastic singer, songwriter, performer. Love her voice.
- Public Radio show about Early Music. When I say "early
music", I of course mean, "music from the middle ages".
- A radio show hosted by Ellen
Kushner (a fantastic fantasy author in her own right) about music and
how it affects our lives.
- NPR radio show featuring
- Fantastic performer with an amazing voice
and a huge heart.
Skinny White Chick
- Site for SJ Tucker, a pagan
- site for the band featuring Carly
Smithson on vocals.
- band that featured Vanessa Olivarez on
lead vocals. Folk/rock/bluesy sound.
- My "desert island" band. I adore their music above all
- Fabulous Celtic music band.
I've loved them for years. See them live whenever I
get the chance.
- A synthesis of rock and Renaissance
Faire-esque music, with a dash of Jethro Tull thrown in for good
- Folk singer with a lovely voice.
- Folk singer who is perhaps most
famous for the song, "March of Cambreadth", though that is far from the
best of her songs.
- One of my absolute favorite female
- Incredible singer/songwriter.
A true favorite of mine.
- Amazing singer, songwriter - visionary and never afraid to experiment
- Alongside Heart, this woman's music was
a heavy part of my childhood.
- An SCA (Society for Creative
Anachronism) bard with a fantastic voice. You can buy his cd
I could go on and on with music links - music has been and will always
be a huge part of my life. The above are just a sampling of
the types of music I listen to while writing, drawing, and well, doing
just about everything, including sleeping! Here are some more
names to check out: Indigo Girls, Meslissa Etheridge, The Tea Party,
VAST, Angie Aparo, Alter Bridge, Submersed, Godsmack, Disturbed, Jason
Mraz, Jethro Tull, Josiah Leeming, Live, Queensryche, After Forever,
Dar Williams, The Dixie Chicks, Kelly Clarkson, Joan Jett, Nightwish,
Sara Bareilles, Tori Amos, Within Temptation, Steeleye Span, Solstice
Assembly, Cappercaille, Cathie Ryan, Hevia, Karan Casey, Loreena
McKennitt, Malinky, etc, etc, until I listed every single performer in
my "music" folder. Seriously folks, I listen to just about
everything so long as it isn't violent, misongynistic, or off-putting
to me in some way.
- I would not be the author I am today
were it not for the fantastic worlds this writer created.
From her I learned that fantasy did not have to be dense with
mythological connections, and that the protagonists could be human, no
matter how alien they might be on the outside.
& Leigh Eddings
- The Belgariad and The
Mallorean are two sets of books that I return to over and over.
- His work isn't always politically correct, but that's the beauty of
- She creates worlds in which I would
want to live.
Baudino's Gossamer Axe
- I have actually not read
much of this author's work beyond the book Gossamer Axe, but this book
was so important to me - to showing me that yes, books with lesbian
leads could actually be good, and have a happy ending, and be
published. The site linked here is an unofficial one.
- One of my favorite mystery writers.
The Kate Martinelli books are not to be missed.
- I adore the Joe Grey &
- Mystery writer - my favorite are the
Henrie O books.
Carole Nelson Douglas
- Author of the Midnight
- Memory, Sorrow and Thorn is perhaps my
favorite epic fantasy series.
- Creator of the long running "The
Cat Who..." mysteries. The site linked here is an unofficial
- Some of the later books of
the Kay Scarpetta series have been hard for me to read - but the first
few are downright spectacular.
- Wonderful fantasy author.
Another author who demonstrates that lesbian characters can
be great protagonists and get the happy ending.
- I have yet to find another author who
so masterfully blends myth, humor, fantasy, and storytelling in such a
manner that each time I read one of his three published novels, I am
transported to the world he has created. I really wish that
Mr. Hughart had not stopped writing. I cannot say enough
times that everyone should run right out and get copies of Bridge of Birds
The Story of the
, and Eight
. The adventures of Master Li
and Number Ten Ox are not to be missed!
- My favorite "shared world" series of novels. Edited by Emma
Bull & Will Shetterly. Link goes to the Wiki page.
- Author of "Fanuilh" and its sequels.
One of my favorite series - a groovie mashup of fantasy and
- I love fonts. I love looking at them, using them, playing with
them - and so, this is a timewaster for me. This guy designed a
lot of the fonts I used in the banners for this page. Also, he
appears to be a Buffy fan, so win/win!
While I do read hundreds of authors, the above are people I return to,
again and again.
Fandomapalooza - Music Mania - Books
- A link aggregation site filled with random news stories, some funny,
some interesting, some odd - I can spend hours there in a day.
- A video aggregating site. Lots and lots of neat videos from
around the web.
- Must-see videos featuring some of the brightest minds, performers,
and artists of our time.
- When something really goes wrong, and someone catches it on video or
film, it goes here, to the land of FAIL.
There, I Fixed It
- Jury rigged things... not
always FAIL, but always entertaining.
- Blog about what's up and coming in the
world of Sci-Fi/Fantasy, with a slant toward GLBT viewers.
- We all like free stuff.
This is mostly for trials, coupons, etc, but I've also gotten
game codes for Big Fish games here.
Big Fish Games
- My favorite of all the various
casual game companies.
& its sister site, Gamegiveawayoftheday
- Free programs - each day, they feature free programs... and on the
weekends, they add free games into the mix. The software
isn't always wondertastic, but I have gotten some pretty neat games
there. I think one of my recent favorites has been the game,
- No timewaster list would be complete without the stumble button.Deviant Art
- Excellent art resource site. Plus, tons and tons of talented
artists to browse. Almost all of the brushes and other photoshop
resources I use come from the talented creators at this site.Obsidian Dawn
- Photoshop brushes by the dozen - most of my very favorites come from this site.
These are just a few of the places I wander around in whenever I'm
bored and need something to do.
All original content copyright to me, Shaylynn Rose, and may not be
used without written consent. To contact me, please email me here:
firstname.lastname@example.org. All content related to the various fandoms
represented on these pages are copyright to their individual creators